Office Furniture Kansas City (OFKC) offers a one year worry free warranty. During the first year after the purchase (this is the time most failures take place), we will cover the parts and labor to take care of any warranty repair. If our furniture technicians cannot diagnose and repair the product onsite, we will take the product back to our shop for diagnosis and repair. We take care of ordering the parts (the parts can sometimes take 8+ weeks to arrive) and let the client know the approximate timeframe for the repair. If the client needs to a loaner item to use while the repair is in progress, the loaner will be provided at no cost. If used items are not able to be repaired they can be traded in for a like item or store credit.
- New furniture follows manufacturers’ warranties. There warranty statements are available on the manufacturer’s website. Most of the manufacturers’ warranties warranty their items against defects in craftsmanship or failures of the mechanical parts. This does not cover misuse.
- Most manufacturers’ warranties are limited, meaning different parts carry different lengths of warranties. So a limited lifetime warranty is not a true lifetime warranty.
- In general, the warranties cover parts only, meaning the manufacturer will ship replacement parts for the broken item. The labor is not included.
- If it is determined that the product failure is due to misuse or customer’s incorrect assembly or customer’s incorrect installation issues the work will be billable at our regular rates.
- With new furniture after the year of worry free warranty OFKC will diagnose the product and order the parts per the manufacturer’s warranty. If the customer would like OFKC technicians to do the replacement, we will quote a price on the labor for the repair based on a $45 per hour (or fraction thereof) labor rate.
- Used produce warranty is a full warranty for 1 year, after that repairs will be billable for parts and labor.
- Non-warranted items, or items not purchased through OFKC may be repaired by OFKC at the billable rate for parts and labor.